Sing your heart out with thousands of other fans when Kelly Clarkson performs at Staples Center Aug. 19. (RCA Records)
Kelly Clarkson, frankly, is like every girl’s best friend. Not only is her music the perfect soundtrack for a girl’s night out, an ugly break up and pretty much any car ride, her attitude in general is pretty badass as well. While she is “The Original American Idol” (having won the singing competition back in 2002), Clarkson has come to be known for so much more than just that.
If you haven’t seen Clarkson live in concert, you should change that immediately. You know when you’re singing along as loud as possible to “Since U Been Gone” while in your car? Well, imagine doing that with thousands of other fans.
That should be reason enough, but in case it isn’t, below are a few more reasons why you need to make your way to Staples Center Aug. 19 to see her.
5) It’s Kelly Clarkson: Seriously, this girl is way too cool. If you’ve read or watched any interviews with Clarkson, you know she doesn’t hold back and speaks her mind. You can expect the same from her live in concert.
4) Covers: From Sam Smith’s “Stay With Me” to Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off,” you never know which hit song Clarkson will perform for the night. She has previously covered songs by Katy Perry, Prince, Rihanna and more. We can’t wait to see which song she’ll cover at Staples.
3) That voice: It gives us chills. There’s a reason she won “American Idol,” she is beyond talented. Like actually talented, not the typical TV show talented. Her powerful and soothing voice is recognizable anywhere.
2) Atmosphere: If you’re looking for non-stop energy, look no further. You’ll be too busy dancing and singing the night away to worry about any problems you may have going on. Grab your best friend, and enjoy the show.
1) Breakup anthem(s): It feels safe to say that most of us have at one time or another listened to a Clarkson song while in the midst of, or at the end of, a breakup. We don’t blame you. With songs like “Since U Been Gone,” “Never Again” and “Stronger,” you’ll feel better almost immediately. At least for the duration of the song.
If there’s one lesson to take away from the feisty singer, it is that you don’t need anyone to make you happy or to complete you. Like we said before, imagine hearing these songs live among a crowd of thousands.
Opening the show are Pentatonix and Eric Hutchinson. To purchase tickets, visit axs.com. For more information, visit kellyclarkson.com/us.