Neon Trees put on an intimate and energetic live show at the Fonda.
For years, the dynamic pop group Neon Trees has captivated audiences with their musical and vocal talents. As a longtime fan, each album that they’ve put out has been on point with their signature style and catchy lyrics. Originally formed in 2005, the band’s – which currently consists of Tyler Glenn (lead vocals), Christopher Allen (guitar, vocals), Branden Campbell (bass guitar, vocals), Elaine Bradley (drums, vocals) and David Charles (guitar) – fame have continuously grown with fans indulging in their music.
With their recent concert at the Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles, Neon Trees seized the night with their incredible live intimate performance. The energy from the crowd was nothing I’ve ever seen before. Glenn is just unstoppable with his strong vocal talents and amazing dance moves.
The band performed some songs from their most recent album, Pop Psychology, and a few favorites, such as “Animal” and “Everybody Talks” from their past albums. The band closed the night with a cover of “Come On Eileen” by Dexys Midnight Runners.
Neon Trees never fail to amaze audiences with their talented performances and the energy they bring out to the crowd. Keep reading for more reasons why Neon Trees is on my summer 2015 playlist.
5) Sound: Whenever a band or a an artist puts out a new album, sometimes we lose sight of why we fell in love with their music. After all these years, Neon Trees never lost touch with their signature sound. Their musical direction has never changed throughout their course of fame. Their newest single, “Songs I Can’t Listen To,” is an upbeat melody that has the sweets sounds of songs from the ‘80s.
4) Lyrics: All the songs that they have put out have been relatable to a certain part of our lives. Whether you’ve experienced heartbreak or remember a good time with friends, we reference back to these lyrics as if we’re reliving the moment. Not that you want to relive heartbreak, but you get what I mean.
3) The Look: Neon Trees is known for their colorful and daring outfits that can be seen from afar. I enjoy every ensemble they wear, and it definitely coordinates with the feel of their songs.
2) Interaction with Fans: I can’t even begin to explain how great it was to see them live in concert at the Fonda. With much anticipation for them to come on stage, they knew we were ready for them. There were hardly any breaks during their set, and fans were going crazy lifting up Glenn through the crowd.
1) Tyler Glenn: I can’t explain how much I enjoy listening to Glenn sing. His liveliness with each performance has always been refreshing, and not to mention his thrilling dance moves that keep fans on their feet. His breathtaking rendition of “Come On Eileen” will never be forgotten.
For more information, visit fameisdead.com.